Apparently, we should stay organized whether we are managing household or business generated wastes. However, there are instances when we just can't determine what types and size of a wheelie bin match our needs. Hence, we come up with a short guide about the basic of wheelie bin dimensions and perspectives.
Usually, local councils or neighborhood organizations provide wheelie bins for various usage: general waste, organic wastes, and commingled recycling. You can differentiate them from the color of their lids or labels.
What are the sizes of Wheelie Bins
It is a bin with wheels hence, the term wheelie bin. It allows easy collection and removal of rubbish between locations. Various sizes cater to the particular type of waste. Bin trucks will pick them up the rear end life side. However, heavier wheelie bins are on the front of the vehicle.
STANDARD WHEELIE BINS
The Smaller wheelie bin is measured in liters or the amount of liquid they can hold. You can hire one for daily waste management or house renovation projects. On the other hand. Large bins are in cubic meters. You can choose from the following sizes. Take note that the dimensions are based on the standards being used in the industry.
- 80 liter- 93.5cm High - 44.9cm Wide - 51.3cm Deep
- 120 liter – (91-93cm High – 48-53cm Wide – 54-60cm Deep) It has the capacity of 1-2 Bin Bags
- 140 liter- (91-106cm High – 48-53cm Wide – 54-60cm Deep with a capacity of 2-3 Bin Bags. Most companies designate this size of the bin to food wastes, paper, and glass wastes.
- 240 liter- (107cm High - 58cm Wide - 74cm Deep and a capacity for 4-5 Bin Bags). It suits compactable and industrial waste materials, glass and food wastes.
- 340 liter- (110cm high - 60.1cm wide - 88cm deep - Capacity 6-7 Bin Bags). It usually caters general wastes, cardboard, dry mixed recycling, paper, glass and food wastes.
- 660 liter- (117cm high – 125cm wide – 77.5cm deep). It is ideal for Dry Mixed Recycling, compactable industrial waste and general wastes.
For commercial or industrial generated waste, bulk containers are the perfect option. We also recommend it if you are having major events or celebrations. Likewise, if you have timber and steel waste, you will need a large wheelie bin. The standard sizes under this category are as follows:
- 5 cubic meters (H900 x W1800 x D900)
- 0 cubic meters (H1200 x W1800 x D1325)
- 5 cubic meters (H1500 x W1800 x D1600)
- 12 cubic meters (H1.2m x W6.0m x D2.4m)
- 23 cubic meters (H2.1m x W6.5m x D2.4m)
- 31 cubic meters (H2.4m x W6.5m x D2.4m)
Remember that there are certain materials that you just can’t throw in any wheelie bins or the service provider restricts them. Most of it include margarine tubs, tetra packs, juice and beverage cartons. Polystyrene, pet food pouches, rubber, textiles, paint containers, wrapping films and ceramics. Likewise, hazardous waste should be managed by professionals.
We suggest you ask the type of waste that the company accepts or refuses as well as their pricing scheme and pickup schedules. Check our current pricing here.